Welcome to the latest update on RGU’s open access institutional repository, OpenAIR. If you have any suggestions for things that you would like to see in these monthly updates, or if you have any questions about the repository service, please get in touch with the Publications Team.
The Publications Team are still working from home; however, we are hoping to begin offering monthly virtual training sessions on the use of Worktribe’s Outputs module, starting in November. These sessions will be hosted on an invite-only basis, but if you are keen to sign up for one please get in touch!
Also, in case you missed it, you might be interested in reading our Open Access Week blog post. It highlights a number of resources for materials that have been made openly available and which may be useful for your studies or research.
OpenAIR currently contains 4148 outputs. Some examples of recent additions to the repository include the following:
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/969759 = OKE, A., OSOBAJO, O., OBI, L. and OMOTAYO, T. 2020. Rethinking and optimising post-consumer packaging waste: a sentiment analysis of consumers’ perceptions towards the introduction of a deposit refund scheme in Scotland. Waste Management [online], 118, pages 463-470. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2020.09.008
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/977774 = MARTZOUKOU, K. . Academic libraries in COVID-19: a renewed mission for digital literacy. Library Management [online], (accepted).
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/968524 = MABON, L., KAWABE, M., HUANG, Y.-C., MOLLER, L., GU, J., WAKAMORI, D., NARITA, K., ITO, T., MATSUMOTO, A., NIIZEKI, K., SUZUKI, S. and WATANABE, M. 2020. Inherent resilience, major marine environmental change and revitalisation of coastal communities in Soma, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction [online], 51, article ID 101852. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijdrr.2020.101852
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/963262 = PHILLIPS, R.H., CONNELLY, V. and BURGESS, M. . Exploring the victimization of British veterans: comparing British beliefs about veterans with beliefs about soldiers. Armed Forces and Society [online], OnlineFirst. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1177/0095327X20942244
Each School is currently linked to the following number of outputs on OpenAIR:
Last month, in September, there were a total of 2977 downloads from OpenAIR. The most-downloaded items were:
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/248273 = SSENDI, L.B. 2013. Entrepreneurship activities in rural Tanzania: understanding women’s micro businesses. Robert Gordon University [online], PhD thesis. Available from: https://openair.rgu.ac.uk
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/346544 = SETKUTE, J. 2018. In search of digital marketing communications success: the case of oil and gas industry B2B SMEs. Robert Gordon University [online], PhD thesis. Available from: https://openair.rgu.ac.uk
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/638195 = JEBARA, T. 2019. A study of the development of frameworks of pharmacist prescribing in Qatar. Robert Gordon University [online], PhD thesis. Available from: https://openair.rgu.ac.uk
The above data were gathered on 28.10.2020.