The next meeting NHS-HE Forum is on Wednesday 25th May 2016, starting at 10.30 (coffee from 10.00) and finishing at 15.30 at Bloomsbury House, 2-3 Bloomsbury Square, London, WC1A 2RL (map). You can now register here.
The programme this time includes:
- Professor Martin Severs, Lead Clinician and Caldicott Guardian for NHS Digital (formerly known as the Health and Social Care Information Centre), on the latest developments on the information governance context for the use of patient data for research in England and indeed digital health developments in general given his central role.
- Rhoswyn Walker, Head of Informatics Research, Medical Research Council, on their emerging health and biomedical informatics strategy and future plans.
- Mark O’Leary, Head of Above Net Service Development at Jisc, on the proposed development of a Public Sector Roaming solution in parallel to eduroam
- John Chapman, Deputy Head, Information Security at Jisc, on the safe share project to pilot a higher assurance network overlay, and Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting Infrastructure (AAAI) techniques, that can be used to improve collaborative research with sensitive data
- Bridget Kenyon, Head of Information Security at UCL, with an update on the NHS-HE Information Governance Working Group and related developments at UCL.
The final programme will be circulated as soon as possible. As usual the Forum is free to attend, lunch will be provided and is open to all with an interest