The NIHR School for Social Care Research (NIHR SSCR) is inviting applications from individuals committed to adult social care research who would benefit from NIHR SSCR support to further their research careers in this field. Applicants can be at any stage of their research career – pre-doctoral, doctoral, post-doctoral – but not yet experienced enough to be established as independent, or more established researchers. Applicants must show a commitment to establishing a long-term career in adult social care research. Projects would need to start within 3 months of confirmation of an award and be completed within 8 months of the start date.
The commissioning panel is looking for:
- strong applicants looking to move into becoming, or developing further as, an independent researcher in adult social care
- a commitment to enhancing the evidence base for improving adult social care practice
- a plan of work with a clear focus, and aims and objectives in the timescale of NIHR SSCR support
- a robust plan to achieve the stated aims and objectives
- excellent organisational support likely to help deliver the proposed plan of work and help the applicant beyond that to become strong researchers in adult social care.
Awards of up to £20,000 are available.Deadline: 4pm on Monday 9 May 2016