Beata Pedziwiatr from Vitae would like to invite you to a free video Q&A, between 2-3 pm (UK time) on the 16 June to discuss coaching and mentoring for researchers: http://bit.ly/1YpVQhy
Interviews with research and academic leaders revealed having a mentor to be one of the most important forms of support to prepare early career researchers for the challenges of research independence and leadership.
This Google Hangout, part of Vitae’s ongoing Focus on mentoring and coaching for researchers (http://bit.ly/1dZe0BS) aims to explore mentoring and coaching relationships, from the perspectives of being mentored and being a mentor, as well as the support and structures in institutions that can help.
Our panelists will join our moderator to discuss questions, such as:
• What are the purposes and benefits of mentoring and coaching?
• What are the different types of mentoring and coaching relationship?
• How to manage the mentoring life cycle; from starting and maintaining to ending mentoring relationships
• How can you take advantage of mentoring and coaching to support your professional and career development?
• Where and how can you find a mentor or coach?
This event is for all of those interested in the professional development of early career researchers and there is no limit on the number of participants – please share with researchers!
Find out more & Share with others: http://bit.ly/1YpVQhy