Welcome to the latest update on RGU’s open access institutional repository, OpenAIR. If you have any suggestions for things that you would like to see in these monthly updates, or if you have any questions about the repository service, please get in touch with the Publications Team.
We hope that everyone is staying home, staying safe and staying well during the pandemic. We have suspended our training sessions on the use of Worktribe until access to campus facilities has been restored. All other repository services are operating as usual, though we apologise for any additional delays while the Publications Team do our best to work from home.
It has been good to hear that many publishers have agreed to provide open access to publications that relate to the coronavirus pandemic, in order to help accelerate research in response to the public health emergency. You may be interested to read the following preprint, which argues that the clear benefits for global research and knowledge mean that this should be the default for all scholarly communication, not just limited to health research in response to a crisis: https://doi.org/10.31235/osf.io/8yk62
OpenAIR currently contains 3758 outputs. Some examples of recent additions to the repository include the following:
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/887353 = MARTIN, K., WIRATUNGA, N. and SANI, S. . Locality sensitive batch selection for triplet networks. To be presented at the 2020 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) World computational intelligence congress (WCCI 2020), co-located with 2020 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2020), 2020 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2020), and IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC 2020), 19-24 July 2020, Glasgow, UK.
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/886985 = WIJEKOON, A., WIRATUNGA, N. and COOPER, K. . Heterogeneous multi-modal sensor fusion with hybrid attention for exercise recognition. To be presented at the 2020 Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) World computational intelligence congress (WCCI 2020), co-located with 2020 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN 2020), 2020 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2020), and IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (IEEE CEC 2020), 19-24 July 2020, Glasgow, UK.
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/884175 = FU, G., HUO, D., SHYHA, I., PANCHOLI, K. and ALZAHRANI, B. . Experimental investigation on micro machining of epoxy/graphene nano platelet nanocomposites. International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology [online], (accepted). Available from: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-020-05190-4
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/881027 = MUCSI, V., AYUB, A.S., MUHAMMAD-SUKKI, F., ZULKIPLI, M., MUHTAZARUDDIN, M.N., MOHD SAUDI, A.S. and ARDILA-REY, J.A. 2020. Lighting protection methods for wind turbine blades: an alternative approach. Applied Sciences [online], 10(6), article ID 2130. Available from: https://doi.org/10.3390/app10062130
Each School is currently linked to the following number of outputs on OpenAIR:
Last month, in February, there were a total of 5118 downloads from OpenAIR. The most-downloaded items were:
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/248273 = SSENDI, L.B. 2013. Entrepreneurship activities in rural Tanzania: understanding women’s micro businesses. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis.
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/346544 = SETKUTE, J. 2018. In search of digital marketing communications success: the case of oil and gas industry B2B SMEs. Robert Gordon University, PhD thesis.
- https://rgu-repository.worktribe.com/output/235847 = NAISMITH, N. 2019. Artists practising well. [Aberdeen: Robert Gordon University]
The above data were gathered on 31.03.2020.